Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ok, I know it's been a while since I've posted on the blog.  I don't want to make excuses but there certainly has been enough to do otherwise.  Even today I'm going to have to be brief as we are busy with preparations for Mothers' Day Brunch next week and training of some new employees as well as building and grounds maintenance as well as landscaping and gardening tasks as well as cleaning and painting tasks.  But letting people know how we're doing and what we're doing is important too, plus I do have some additional help now around the office now (Theresa Lane is with us 3 days a week) so I can concentrate more on other things.
We have a new summer employee joining us today as well at the front desk.  Her name is Kayla and she's a student at Paul Smiths College.  We're very happy to have her helping our guests and handling some of the social networking tasks for the Lodge.

I'll do better at keeping things up to date on this page.  In the meantime, here are some recent photos to take a look at.


 I couple of weeks ago Mindy and I managed to get away for a hike back on Old Farm Road and on toward  Botheration pond where this bridge is located over the Sacandaga River.  It was about and easy mile and a half each way.

 Yesterday, (Cinco de Mayo) we had a nice group of people here to take in the spring air and sunshine on the lawn and then watch the Kentucky Derby with us in the guest lounge. (Sorry I didn't get a photo of that).

This photo shows how the brush cleanup is progressing on the hillside overlooking Thirteenth Lake.  It's got a ways to go but has come a long way to this point already.

Here's another angle along the ridge line looking back towards the generator shed and road.  Of course Cooper has to mug for the camera too.


Here are some additional pics from a few weeks ago that I didn't get a chance to post.



 Mindy and son Andrew on the hike to Hooper mine

 Hooper Mine 

 The full moon setting at Garnet Hill early in the morning

 The full moon setting as viewed from Room #3 again

Dawn as viewed from Room #3

No comments:

Post a Comment