Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Getting started at Garnet Hill

Today is the first day for the Garnet Hill Lodge blog.  My name is Don and I'm the new prospective owner of the best cross country skiing resort in New York State.
That's right, I said prospective.  Mindy (that's my girlfriend, significant other etc...) and I haven't yet closed on the property.  It's been held up for a couple of months now as the present owner squabble over this and that.  But we're somewhat optimistic that it will happen before the season opens this year. But who knows.  If you're reading this, then chances are we are currently the new owners as we won't be able to publish and links to the blog until we are.  So there you have it.
So we're starting this blog to get the word out and share our experiences, trials, and tribulations as well as successes and progress with all those who may be interested.
Each day or as often as we can Mindy and/or I will try to post some tidbits of information regarding what we did that day and how things are going.  Hopefully our friends and guests at Garnet Hill will find it interesting and maybe even entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Don!

    I'm glad you posted this link on the GH FB page. Excellent reading for someone who's family was an avid GHL guest from 1986 through 2002. Once us kids left the nest, our vists unfortunately came to a halt. Sounds like a good excuse to begin new traditions with my own family. :-D

    I very, very often reminisce about the days of former owners George and MaryAnne (not sure how long you've been a GH fan). He used to take us kids on van rides to see the bears at the dump, to the ski shop where he'd hired a storyteller or was showing a movie, or some other spontaneous activity, giving the adults a few hours off in the evening. haha. The food was spectacular. The skiing... competition-grade. And the staff seemed, to us, to be the absolute best in the hospitality industry.

    I fully intend to bring my wife and children to share in the memories that I have.

    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of you and Mindy. :-D I hold a BS in Recreation Resource Management, which was inspired by the thought of running a facility where folks come to escape, and life their lives to the fullest. Garnet Hill!

    I wish you the absolute best! May the snow fall upon you, and many happy guests!

    -Jonathan

    ReplyDelete