Thursday, March 22, 2012

Warm weather fever



Well the winter season is officially over.  Yes it was a tough year for us to be getting started with the meager snowfall that we had, but all in all, we're quite pleased with how things went this winter and Mindy and I would like to thank all our guests for making it special for us.
And now, it's on to rafting season and spring.  I'm thrilled to be able to get out and work on projects to improve the Lodge and grounds.  I've always enjoyed starting new projects in spring.  To start off with Windy Baker made us some new doors for the entrance to the Log House.  I'm quite proud of how they turned out.  Next, I'm painting all the trim around the building to brighten the look and make it more appealing.  The color is Classic Burgundy.  
While doing that, I'm also starting to cut the overgrowth and undergrowth around the building and grounds.  All of these projects will take some time but I'm pleased to get them underway.



 

So we have lots of things planned and I'll keep posting photos and videos as the various projects move along.


And then there's my dog Cooper.  He had an operation on his left hind knee a week ago Wednesday.  He's doing fine.  He just wants to run around too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment